Establishing customer loyalty plays a key role in the success of an e-commerce business. After the purchase, the trader must continue to cultivate its relationship with the customer.
Customers do not feel personally attached to sellers on the internet. They can very easily choose the competition. Establishing customer loyalty has therefore become a key issue.
Here are some tips to maintain a quality relationship after the purchase:
- Order confirmation: When the purchase is made, send a confirmation email, including the delivery date if possible. Use this message as a marketing tool.
- Order tracking: Keep the customer informed of the progress of the order and delivery.
- Product rating: Once the product has been received, send the customer a customer satisfaction questionnaire by email. This kind of survey collects useful information for improving service.
- Discounts and promotions: Send out promotional costs at the time of the first purchase to encourage the customer come back.
- Newsletter: During the order process, ask the customer for permission to send them information in the form of a newsletter.
- One-off measures: Organize competitions and short-term promotions.
- Handling returns: Collect as much information as possible about the reasons for order cancellations and returns. Offer vouchers if the customer is dissatisfied.