To support SMEs in their export activities, Switzerland Global Enterprise (S-GE) provides various types of free or paid services, ranging from basic information to business development trips.
Here are some examples of services provided by Switzerland Global Enterprise (S-GE):
- Basic information. Country information (customs rules, national rules, etc.), newsletter, etc.
- Network. Individual and country-specific export strategy consulting. The export project is analysed by a specialist. The aim is to provide a basis for decision-making on the next steps in internationalisation.
- Expert Directory. This is an online database containing the names of hundreds of private experts in the globalization of business. Companies can search for an expert by country, sector or type of skill.
- Trade fair and project committee.To support the market presence of Swiss and Liechtenstein companies, the State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) provides funding that can be used for joint promotions abroad.
- Support for trade fair projects abroad. Competent organisers (project promoters) of trade fair participations and market development actions can receive funding for this, provided that the project has a significant and substantial impact on an industry or a group of companies.
- Subsidies for joint innovative projects in export promotion. Support can be given to projects that are innovative and exemplary, that represent a lighthouse function in export markets or that focus on promoting networks and cooperation.
Further information: Messe- und Projektkommission (MPK) | S-GE.
- Market research. The organization provides companies with specialist and individual analyses on request. There are several types of market research, more or less advanced, depending on the specific needs of SMEs.
- Find a suitable business partner in the target market. S-GE arranges the business contacts, establishes the first contact and clarifies the interest of the potential partner.
- Business development trips. Business trip to the export market. S-GE organizes the visit to the target market, which helps the company to gain a personal impression and to meet decision makers on site.
- Enterprise Europe Network (EEN). S-GE is one of the two Swiss agencies of the EEN, a network set up by the European Union to support SMEs in Europe. S-GE provides, in particular, information about EU legislation and regulation.
- Swiss Business Hubs. S-GE has agencies overseas in order to provide assistance to companies operating outside the borders.