The following statements will help assess a company's flexibility. Read through them to see if they apply to you.
The following statements will help you assess the flexibility of your company (check-list available for download opposite). Review them, distinguishing between those that are true, false or not applicable:
- Customers’ wishes and requirements are taken into account a) by the company manager and b) by the employees.
- Our employees are flexible and are capable of putting themselves in the customer’s place and understanding their needs.
- Our innovation projects with customers are proof of this.
- Our company is at the forefront in terms of developing new products and services adapted to customer requirements.
- Nothing is overlooked. We have impressive early warning tools.
- Our company has staff who monitor the increase in flexibility.
- Ideas of any kind are discussed in-house.
- The company rapidly adapts to new situations.
- Innovative ideas presented by employees are rewarded (in the form of bonuses and/or by their publication).
- Employees’ good ideas are implemented quickly.
- Our company does not limit itself to reacting to change but also acts spontaneously both externally and internally.
- Our company adapts to market requirements based on our innovation strategy.
- Our employees discuss customers and market requirements (even in their spare time).
Source: "Innovationen im Kleinunternehmen", Swiss Research Institute of Small Business and Entrepreneurship, University of St. Gallen